Lea Püchel, M.A.
Lea Püchel is a research assistant at the Professorship of media management at the University of Cologne. She joined the department in July 2017.
She finished her M.A. of Media Management and Culture at the University of Bayreuth, Germany with a thesis on the role of decision-making when using media. Before, she graduated with a Bachelor degree in Political Sciences from Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada. In addition to the academic field, she has worked for several media companies, including publishing and video production companies.
- Püchel, L., Wellbrock, C.M. & Buschow, C. (2020). Technologieakzeptanz und Zahlungsbereitschaft für digitalen Journalismus. Book Chapter.
- Mütterlein, J. & Püchel, L. (2020). Understanding Immersion in New and Old Media Technologies. Conference of the European Media Management Association (EMMA), Jonkoping, June 2020.
- Püchel, L., Wellbrock, C.M., Buschow, C. & O'Brien, D. (2020). Paid Content and Technology Acceptance - Contextualizing UTAUT2 in Digital Journalism. Conference of the European Media Management Association (EMMA), Jonkoping, June 2020.
- Püchel, L. (2019). Online Content Complexity: A Conceptual Framework to Categorize and Evaluate Presentation Modes. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Munich, December 2019.
- Püchel, L. & Wellbrock, C.M. (2019). Tipping Points of Content and Design. Proceedings of the European Marketing Association Conference, Hamburg, May 2018.
- What is "the New" in Telling the News? A Categorization of Presentation Modes in Digital Journalism (with Christian Wellbrock), International Symposium on Media Innovations (ISMI), Oslo, August 2018.
- Managing Editorial Design: Effects of Magazine Cover Design on Consumer Behaviour (with Christian Wellbrock), Conference of the European Media Management Association (EMMA), Warsaw, June 2018.
- Conflicting Objectives in Innovation Management: A Case Study of a Newspaper Company, The Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism Conference on Negotiating Culture: Integrating Legacy and Digital Cultures in News Media, Oxford, UK, October 2015.
- Embedded in a Strange World: Media Incubators’ Social Capital for Startups (mit R. Kunz, J. Mütterlein), 8th Conference of the International Media Management Academic Association (IMMAA), Moscow, Russia, September 2015.
- Balancing Tensions in Innovation Management with Startups (mit Reinhard Kunz,Joschka Mütterlein), 15th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management (EURAM), Warsaw, Poland, June 2015.
- Understanding Dual Demands in Media Companies’ Innovation Management (mit R. Kunz, J. Mütterlein), Conference of the European Media Management Association (EMMA), Hamburg, Mai 2015.